On Thursday 21st April roads in central Windsor will be closed to facilitate a “walkabout” by HRH Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh on the occasion of Her Majesty’s 90th birthday.
- From 9am Thames Street south of its junction with Datchet Road, Peascod Street, William Street, Oxford Road East, High Street, Castle Hill, St. Albans Street, Park Street and that part of Sheet Street that lies between its junctions with High Street and Victoria Street, Windsor will be closed. This will also mean the closure of the streets accessed via the above roads.
- There will be no on-street parking permitted on these streets, including those holding Blue Badges, from 12.01am on April 21st
- Oxford Road East will open as usual at 4pm.
- Peascod Street will open at the normal time of 5.00pm.
- It is anticipated that all the other roads with the exception of Park Street will be open by 1.30pm.
The closures for the Guard Change will continue as normal before the “Walkabout”, however the Band of the Coldstream Guards will leave the Castle for Victoria Barracks at approximately 12.40pm so the normal Guard Change road closures will be in place until approximately 12.35pm.
Park Street will remain closed until approximately 9pm. This is because at 2.30pm there will be a 21 gun salute on the Long Walk and in the evening it is anticipated that there will be large crowds on Park Street and on the Long Walk to witness HRH Queen Elizabeth II light the first of the Nation’s Celebration Beacons.
Due to this, on the 21st April we will not be able to operate in the morning. The first tour will leave Castle Hill at 2pm.
For further information please contact the local manager on 07808713938.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Connor Flavell